According to legend, the icon of the Mother of God was discovered in the 17th century in the village of Suknevichi (formerly Suknechevy) in the Grodno region, hanging on a pear tree. Local residents moved the image to the temple with great reverence, but it suddenly disappeared, then reappeared on the tree. Attempts to move the icon to another location were unsuccessful. Considering this as God’s will, they cut down a pear tree and in 1640 built a chapel in which they placed the newly found icon. At the beginning of the 20th century, the old chapel was replaced by a new wooden church. In 1961, the church was closed, and the sacred objects and the miraculous icon were removed. Many years later, the shrine was discovered in the St. John the Theologian Convent in the village of Domoshany, Minsk region. Its authenticity was confirmed by the remainder, which was cut off from the icon. When this segment was applied to the icon, it fit perfectly into it. In 2004, the icon of the Mother of God from Suknevichi returned to the village. With the blessing of Bishop Guriy of Novogrudok and Lida, it was restored, and in 2007, during the feast of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos, it was given a new salary.